Tuesday, April 14, 2009

King Crab @ Taman Mewah Jaya

After reading Precious Pea's blog, I always wanted to try the seafood from King Crab, Taman Mewah Jaya which received many compliments from the bloggers. The food looks so delicious from the photos too. So, we planned to have our dinner in the weekend with Choong and her boyfriend.
It was pouring cats and dogs but it did not stop me for searching good food! We sat down and started to order quickly because I could sense someone was going to kill me as a result of not being punctual. (Sorry to keep you waiting, JW)
Before I elaborate more on our food, let's have a look at what seafood they offer. They have all kinds of crab - snow crab, spider crab, shanghai hairy crab (not the season yet) and mud crab. Oh, Canadian Geoduck! Understand from the bloggers, one geoduck normally costs about RM200+, luxury dish. Look at the abalones, they are sooo huge!

Not long to wait for our food, I guessed they have quite a number of chef back there to cater the crowd. Here came our first dish - Stir Fried Asparagus with Prawn. The prawn was fresh and meat was succulent. But I thought this dish was a bit expensive (RM35). I rather to spend more on other dish next time and order a plain stir fried veggie instead.
Cockles - a no no to me! I couldn't imagine the liquid (I called it blood) "burst" in my mouth, yuacks...I didn't even try one. But since JW and the rest liked it, I did not put a stop to it. A full plate of steamed cockles with thai chili sauce. I could see JW enjoyed peeling the shell and did not mind it dirtied his hand. Bravo, he almost finished the whole plate of cockles! Salute, salute!
Normally we will not order mantis prawn while eating out with my mum. Mum always comments that it is not meaty yet expensive. I don't mind to have this dish while dining with friends. We ordered salt and pepper mantis prawn. The flavour was quite good but I felt the meat was too little. Quite disappointed that the meat was coated with more flour instead.
Another dish was Guinness Stout Pork Ribs. It tasted very good especially when ate with the cilantro and spring onion. Although it was slightly sweet, not a single piece of meat and drop of gravy left on the plate.
We have been long waiting for....~ta-da~Buttered crab with fried breadroll. The thick gravy was very rich and very well to go with the breadroll. The breadroll was hot, crispy at the outside and soft inside! hhmm....heaven! We ordered two breadroll and JW even had 2 bowls of rice went with the gravy. Choong was nagging him "Oi, fattening, fattening...". Haha..but we just could not resist it.

Satisfied with the meal before we heading to CineLeisure for Jacky Chan's new movie. Definately will come back to try on other dishes. I am looking for Geoduck and hairy crab next round, hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment