Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hawker Food @ Pudu “为食街”

After a tiring day of work, we made our way to Pudu hawker stalls street for our late dinner. A place that I've not visited for long time where my parents used to bring us to have dinner or supper after a good movie at 增光戏院. The cinema was no longer there but was turned to a mall which trading the most famous things here - electronic components and parts. Miss the cinema so much, this place shared a part of my childhood memories.

Ok, come back to food. 豪豪 was a hungry and greedy man that night, he wanted to try all the food. I only ordered the “Ice Kacang”, he did the rest. First, he ordered "mixed pork" soup to go with rice. Then, here came the curry "chee cheong fun", fried carrot cake and Soup Kambing!
A bowl of icy “Ice Kacang” really quenched my thirst. Not too sweet and with lots of peanuts! Love it!

Honestly, I am not so keen on the "mixed pork" soup because of the "porky" smell. But this soup was so clear and good. A few slices of salty veggie made the soup tasted more flavourful. I could take the pork intestine and pork stomach like the ingredients used in "Bak Kut Teh" but pork liver is a no no to me. Pork blood will never been found in my food dictionary. So, I left all these to 豪豪.


“krock..krock...krock...” hmm...the dried shrimp and fried shallot on the curry chee cheong fun were so crispy. No other ingredients, just dried shrimp, fried shallot and curry gravy could make this simple chee cheong fun so tasty! A few sprinkle of sesame seed made it perfect. 豪豪 also add a piece of fried pork skin in the chee cheong fun. Hahaha…eating own skin. Ahem, you know what I meant!

Next, was the fried carrot cake – also a famous food here. Not bad. But it was a bit oily. While I was stuffed, our next dish arrived in front of me – Soup Kambing. It smelled so gooood. The soup was very rich, rich with mutton flavour. Although I was full, I couldn't help myself from scooping one after another spoon to my mouth. This bowl was very value for money. Looked at the chunky bites of mutton, so soft to chew. Thumbs up!


Lastly, we finished the food and walked to our car with full stomach. Greedy me...the smell of grill sotong and dried tau fu attracted me to stop there and ordered 1 set to bring back home. This stall was actually recommended in the food show of “Ah Xian”. The auntie was so happy when I took photo of her stall. She knew I'm going to “advertise” her stall to others or put on blog. Ok Auntie...I really want to give a credit to your stall. The grill sotong and dried tau fu were so crispy and the sauce was very yummy. Although I brought back and had it at home, the food was still crunchy and fresh. Good, good, good!

I faced difficulty to sleep that night as my stomach was too full. Luckily, the next day was Saturday. I could stay late and woke up late too! Hooray...

No comments:

Post a Comment