Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hawker Stall Behind The Beach Club

It was lunch time again! “Apa mau makan Ros”. As usual, we asked each other where to have lunch. “Ayam goreng Pak Cik!”, Ros yelled with a big smile on her face.

Ros, my colleague who is a “die hard” fan of this fried chicken, suggested having our lunch at the hawker stall behind The Beach Club. Yup, she reminded us of it’s been long time we have not had lunch there. We always wanted to go there but we were too lazy to walk so far and that stall is always crowded with people during lunch time except Friday. And, it was Friday!
What is so special about this stall? It is the Ayam Goreng Berempah. A huge piece of chicken only costs RM2.00. They also offer up to 20 types of dishes. If you go there from Monday to Thursday, you have to queue up before 12:30pm. If not, the fried chicken will be all finished off.
Let me elaborate more about this Ayam Goreng Berempah. This chicken was very well marinated with ginger, garlic, special seasoning from Pak Cik and coated with spices mixed with flour and egg. That’s why the chicken was so crispy and flavourful. I don’t know how Pak Cik can make the fried chicken meat be crispy yet tender and juiciness still retains in the meat. Even I had the chicken breast, the meat was not tough at all. I found the bone was crispy too and I chewed it all. Yummy!
I decided to get 1 piece for 豪豪 to try. He tried and said it’s better than KFC. Hmm, I felt the same way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment